Use, Maintenance Tips & Notes
In order to increase the service life of the air cooler one has to know how to use an air cooler. Simple maintenance tips suggested for trouble free performance are as under:
How to use an Air cooler
- Please check before starting the cooler
- Please check the power supply is correctly connected.
- Please check the earth wire is connected correctly. Make sure that the leakage protection switch can work.
- Please check the power is connected tightly to the control box. Make sure that phase lines are connected right.
- Please check the water can enter the tank normally.
- Please check whether the water level is among 80-100. And check the valve works.
- Please check the venture is connected right to the fan.
- Please check the drain valve can work.
- Please clean the chores in the pan.
- Please check the pump and fan can work.
- Please check the motor can work.
Notes for operating machines
- Before start the machine, please check the power supply.
- No fire close to the outside cooler. When having a thunder, it’s better to cut off the power supply.
- Without special conditions, it’s better to turn off the power supply when no one works in order to make the air cooler have a rest.
- Before turning off the machine, please first shut down the controller and then power. Remember that do not directly turn off the power when the machine is still running.
- If the evaporative air coolers can not cool or ventilate when using, you need to check the troubles shown on the controller and turn off the cooler and call the service persons.
Cleaning the Air Cooler
Please have a check and clean the evaporative air cooler when you don’t use it for a while. The following are the instructions on how to clean the air cooler:
- Open the side panel
- Take out thimble and setting-up piece.
- Separate the cooling pad and side cover.
- Clean the cooling pad with tap water, but not large pressure.
- Clean the tank and open the drain valve to dry the tank.
- After cleaning, close the water valve.
- Install the side panel and start ventilating to make the cooling pads and tank dry.
- Hood the dust cover of the cooler.
- Shut down the power supply.
Evaporative air cooler is a kind of energy-saving equipment and it only needs some maintenance. But as the machine is installed outside, to have a better cooling effect, its better for you to do some cleaning after a long time using.
- Clean water tank.
- Clean valve by tap water; if there is too much dust in the valve, you can take it out and then clean it by tap water.
- Clean cooling pad.
- Remove the pad from the cooler, and then clean it by tap water.
When in winter or you don’t use the coolers for a while, please do the following:
First, close the water valve and remove the cooling pad to have a complete cleaning as shown, at the same time, empty the tank and clean it. If permits, its better to have a disinfection. After cleaning, install the cooling pad and make the cooler working 5 to 8 minutes to dry the pad, and at last shut down the power supply. It will be better to hood protective cover to stop the dust outside.
Remove the smell
If you don’t clean the cooler or do some maintenance after using some time, the air cooled may have some smell and you should clean the cooler and tank as Item 2.
- It is necessary to cut down the power supply and put a sign saying maintenance and no use on the controller switch in order to prevent.
- Please be careful to remove the cooling pad and the water pressure cannot be too high in order to protect the pad. Do not add any corrosive chemicals to the pad.
- Fasten safety belt when working at height for service people.
- Please do not frequently turn on and off the coolers.
- Better to make the cooler on Cooling state to have fresh and clean air.
- Please do not change the working states too frequently.
- When cleaning, make sure to cut down the power supply and put a sign saying maintenance and no use to prevent others to start the machine.
- If you want to install the evaporative air coolers by yourself, please install according to the regulatory methods and examine and repair terrace of 30 cm width for later maintenance, without such a terrace, we will have the right to reject to supply you service.
Common Problems & Suggested Remedies
- Wrong adjustment of the float valve and low water. Please adjust the water level among 80 to 100 degrees.
- The drain valve is stuck. Please change a new drain valve.
- The water distributor is silt up. Please clean it.
- The filter screen is too dirty. Please clean it.
- The water supply pipe is silt up. Please clean it.
- Check the pump to see if it burns out or not. If it burns out, please change a new one.
Besides the reasons shown above, inadequate cooling also can be caused by the following reasons: low water inlet pressure, no water inlet of float or solenoid valve.
Leakage from drain valve
- The drain valve is stuck by dirt and cannot be closed strictly. Please clean the drain valve and remove the dirt.
- When installing the filter screen, the float valve is pressed by the screen which makes water into it continuously. Please check the filter screen and reinstall it correctly according to the user guide.
- Sealed spacer in the float valve is damaged. Please change a new spacer.
- The water tank is slant. Please adjust it to the level.
Besides the reasons shown above, water leakage also can be caused by the following reasons high water inlet pressure, which makes the float valve unclosed and causes high water level.
Leakage from air pipe
- The filter screen is broken. Please Change a new one.
- There is burr in the surface of filter screen and makes water into the venturi. Please make sure that the surface of filter screen is smooth.
- Filter screen is too dirty and stuck by dirt. Please clean it and remove the dirt.
- The water distributor is too dirty and water is absorbed into the venturi from the water distributor. Please clean the water distributor.
- The rubber tube in the cooler is broken. Please change a new one.
- Unqualified installation of canvas soft connection and it can cause waterlogging in the canvas when raining, and then water comes into the venturi. Please adjust the canvas soft connection.
- The waterproof-glue of the air pipe drops. And when raining, rain comes inside from the gap of the pipe. Please wipe the waterproof-glue again.
Leakage from metal water-inlet flexible-hose
- The flexible-hose is aged or broken and water leakages from it. Please change new flexible-hose.
Too much noise
- The motor fastener is loose. Please tighten it.
- The venturi cocks when the cooler is under transport or installation. Please adjust the venturi.
- The motor bearings get stuck. Please change the bearings or motor.
- Fan blades are loose. Please tighten them.
- The air pipe is not installed correctly according the design. Please modify the installation.