A.How Does Two Stage Evaporative Cooling System Work?
2- stage evaporative cooling system also called Indirect Direct Evaporative cooling represents the most advanced cooling system – utilizing evaporative cooling technology. This cooling option is much more energy efficient than cooling with refrigerant (standard air conditioning), but it’s most suitable for large open and semi open spaces or where sufficient ventilation provisions are available.
The working principle of 2-stage evaporative cooling in terms of the stages of cooling is based on Evaporative cooling technology . In the first stage, hot outside air and water passes inside a heat exchanger in different channels . Moreover ,During this initial cooling phase, the incoming air stream doesn’t pick up any extra moisture. In the second stage of two stage Evaporative Cooling system , the same air stream passes through a water-soaked pad where the additional cooling takes place and the air picks up some additional moisture.
A two-stage evaporative cooling system can deliver cool indoor air with Low relative humidity compared to direct evaporative cooling systems which typically deliver the air at around 70%-80% relative humidity.
According to the American Society of Heating and Engineers (ASHRAE), two-stage evaporative coolers use 60%-75% less electricity than conventional refrigerant-based AC systems. Therefore, evaporative cooling is a very attractive option in terms of energy efficiency.However it is important to note that these systems are best-suited for the hot, dry climate found in India.
B. Advantages Of The Two-Stage Or Indirect Direct Evaporative Cooling System
- This technology helps in reducing the running cost by consuming less electricity .Further Indirect Evaporative cooling is used where dry air or low humidity supply air is needed.
- It is Energy Efficient and cost-effective Solution .Indirect Evaporative Cooler consumes almost half the energy required by an air conditioner .Moreover ,the Capex is also relatively low.
- Two-stage evaporative cooling systems helps in cooling the conditioning space with 100% fresh air .These are designed for 25-35 ACPH for better cooling and adequate ventilation.
- It is an eco-friendly cooling system as no harmful refrigerants are used .
- Evapoler uses only premium quality Patented Heat Exchangers from HMX . The Centrifugal Blowers from Nicotra / Krugger .The Electric motor used are IP 55 Protected with IE2 /IE3 efficiency .The standard make Motors of Siemens / ABB /CG /Havells are used.